Monday, November 12, 2007

Public discharges

When I need to do anything other than #1 in a public washroom, I try to be as discreet as possible. The human body doesn't make pleasant noises when it discharges unwanted material. I feel that my attempts to hide noises by blending it with others or by producing them in short staccato spurts that are hopefully short enough that they're unnoticeable should be reciprocated

So what is up with people that do as they please? Bathroom stalls are just that...stalls. They're not sound-proof rooms. I don't want to know what you're doing in there. Even though you can't help it if your business smells, I would still appreciate it if you're discreet when it comes to nasty sounds [and is it really necessary to make pushing noises?].

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally looked up the spelling of the word "discreet". Of course, I know what it means but, due to my math background, I always thought that discreet was spelled "discrete". According to my findings, both words exist and have different meanings.

Discrete = separate entity
Discreet = capable of preserving prudent silence

Now I know... :S

S.Law

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home