Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pick me!

I watched Iron Chef: America last night. Chef David Burke and "Iron Chef" Bobby Flay battled using lamb. The judges were Jewel, a food & wine magazine editor, and a news anchor. I found it odd that none of them was an actual food critic. However, it wasn't as odd as the fact that Jewel and the news anchor were chosen presumably based on the fact that they eat food on a daily basis.

What is the criteria for selecting these judges? It seems to me that they set the bar pretty low. What will it take to get me on that show? I'm sure I'd do a much better job than Jewel. I know I wouldn't say things like "I'm not familiar with lamb" or "You see so much sauce with your eyes but it tastes so translucent". Question one: how else do you see other than with your eyes? Question two: is translucent another word for bland?

I would love to see Chef Gordon Ramsay and Simon Cowell be judges on that show. The three of us would have so much fun. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home