Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's just the way I'm built

[inspired by Chong's post]

I try to think back to the time before my first love. I vaguely remember wanting to have a boyfriend because not having one implied you were not desirable. But once I had my first taste of love, I knew it went way beyond feeling wanted.

I have to love. I need to love. I am most happy when I can love someone utterly and completely. And if that weren't enough, I also need to do it well. I finally found the perfect answer to "what do you look for in a guy": I want someone who deserves my love. (I suppose it's the engineer in me. You can't be wrong if you go back to first principles. I prefer to think that I've simplified my answer rather than have given a vague one.)

I used to think it's silly when people think that their purpose in life is to be a mom. What a backward goal! But now I think I can relate a little bit. When there is something you enjoy doing, need to be doing, and are so good at doing, it can feel like it was what you were built to do. I feel I am built to love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cammie said...

Only you would have a post like this right after one about "public discharges" hahaha...

Not having been in love is one thing that bothers me. i need to know that it'll happen. sometime soon. and hopefully more than just once in case things go wrong the first time. haha...

4:56 PM  
Blogger ehbaba said...

hahaha

I think I would also be the only one to have a post like "public discharges", period.

It's good to plan ahead...in case things go wrong the first time haha.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home