Friday, October 19, 2007

Retail therapy...it felt really good

I bought a LOT of goodies from Kitchen Stuff Plus. As I was telling Mel, it felt better than buying a fierce pair of shoes, a cute purse, or a flattering top. I think it's because you can't feel guilty buying a pot...a really GOOD pot.

So here is a list of what I got:
Henckels Classic chef's knife
Henckels Twinsharp knife sharpener
Non-stick oven-safe stock pot with a twist-and-lock cover that has a glass window and holes for straining pasta (if that weren't enough, it's non-stick on the outside too so it's easier to wash!!)
Salad spinner with a brake button (the outer bowl doubles as a salad bowl)
Silicone whisk, spatula, thongs, and ladle
Dual pepper and sea salt grinder
Meat thermometer
Oven thermometer
Wooden cutting board
Set of collapsible measuring spoons

I haven't cooked anything yet but I'm excited to use the stuff. I bought the new Cook with Jamie cookbook yesterday and had already gone through it cover to cover. I know what my first meal is going to be!

2 Comments:

Blogger asuka said...

I think you should try to choose a recipe that uses EVERY SINGLE ONE of your new purchases!!!

-asuka

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you didn't realize this but I didn't know you could buy "THONGS" at a kitchen supply store. Good one.

Thongs = beach wear
Tongs = ...

Sean

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home