Monday, October 01, 2007

Political apathy

Political groups have specific messages geared toward young adults (i.e. Don't Let Others Speak For You). One of their advertisements even popped up on my Facebook home page! Is no place sacred for my apathy?

Up to now, I voted at every opportunity. I was proud not to be one of what the media portrayed as irresponsible young adults who avoided their civic duty. When McGuinty took office, I felt very optimistic. He was a younger/fresher guy who seemed honest and able to serve his province. I can't remember now what issue it was, but I do remember him breaking his voters' (more importantly, MY) trust within days of being the Ontario premiere. Nowadays, it seems like you don't choose the candidate you want. You just choose the candidate you depise or distrust least. That makes me sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home