Thursday, May 03, 2007

Personality Tests are SCAMS!

According to my unprofessional opinion, personality tests are retarded. It would be unfair to say ALL personality tests are retarded...I can only speak about the ones I've done myself.

Here is how those I tried work:
1. They ask you to describe yourself by giving you adjectives that fall into x number of categories
2. They tell you what category your personality belongs in based the answers you provided
3. They give a blurb about your category by using the adjectives you selected in the first place

I see two faults with them. First, if you describe yourself as shy, they'll tell you that you're an introvert. Whoop-dee-freaking-doo. I could have saved myself some time by using a thesaurus. Second, their accuracy is based on that of your self-perception. The fact that the results "enlighten" some people is a good indication that they don't know who they are. Someone with a real perception of who they are would not be surprised by the answers they give themselves.

What would interest me more is knowing how my friends, acquaintances, and foes feel about me. If you fall into one of those three groups, this is an open invitation for you to tell me what you think of me - good or bad. Please feel free to be as detailed as you would like.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home