Sunday, May 20, 2007

Just let me enjoy my drive!

Bad drivers bother me very much - some more than others. Here is the list in order of least to most vexing:

Bad drivers
Bad drivers who don't know they're bad drivers
Bad drivers who don't know they're bad drivers and almost hit you
Bad drivers who don't know they're bad drivers, almost hit you, then beep you
Bad drivers who don't know they're bad drivers, almost hit you, then beep you in a cowardly way as they drive past you as you are waiting to make a turn

Some people can't help but be scared of driving because they don't have enough experience or the innate skill. But if your bad driving skills lead to me almost getting hit, you should give me the wave to apologize and not beep me as if I were at fault. And if you're ignorant and choose to give me the horn, don't do it a cowardly way. This punk-arse middle-aged dude tried to come into my lane with my car beside him that he had to swerve to miss me. I forgave him in my mind and went into the left turn lane and waited for traffic to clear so I could make the turn. A few seconds later, I heard a horn and looked around to find its source. I see the dude in his van driving past me. He had to peer over his shoulder to give me "the look" because he didn't beep me until after his van passed my car. By the time I realized what had happened, it was too late for me to return my "WHAT THE HECK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU, YOU COWARD" beep. It was so aggravating that my heart was pounding for the rest of my trip.

All I'm trying to do is get from point A to point B. Please let me do that in peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cammie said...

holy blog posts! what happened...now i need to comment like crazy on the posts i've missed.

i love it when people put up a hand...even if they do the stupidest thing that makes me angry, the moment they put up their hand, i'm ok, they're forgiven. sometimes they put up a hand even when they don't need to and that makes me like them. the worst is when you prematurely put up a hand thinking someone is going to let you in, but then they end up being a jerk...there are no hand-take-backs. haha...use them wisely.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home