Friday, August 12, 2005

Nearing the end of yet another summer

If the summer of 2004 was one of conflict, reflection, and growth, then the summer of 2005 shall be remembered as one of validation, serenity, and contentment. Looking back at my blog entries over the past year, it is easy to see the shift in my general attitude and outlook.

As incredible a life as I’ve had the great fortune of enjoying, I am eager awaiting what my future brings [while living and appreciating the present, of course]. It feels as though I’ve allowed myself to be taken downstream in an aimless canoe for the first two decades of my life. I finally learned how to use a paddle last year and have begun to explore the waters on my own terms this year.

By learning to love myself, I can leave my heart open to love and be loved. By being aware of my gifts and talents, I can value them and use them to heighten my life experiences. By seeing the kindness and thoughtfulness of those around me, I can appreciate them and reciprocate their sentiments. By learning about who I am, I can improve and better myself.

The sky is my limit. What’s yours?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cammie said...

If you really love yourself you will stop being a lazy hypocrite and look into fixing your joints.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Cammie, I gave her some Glucosamine Hydrocloride JUST for that purpose!

Steve

10:21 PM  
Blogger Cammie said...

hey! my mom takes that stuff...

but at Steph's rate...I think she needs one of those day-of-the-week labelled pill boxes to keep track of all the supplements she should take....

yea! her christmas present right there....awesome.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home