Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Just like a phone sex operator

Quite often, I look around at work and can't help but think that I tricked them [twice] into giving me a job. My neurotic dual personalities have finally come in handy. It's as if I were a phone sex operator. My behaviour at and outside of work is quite different.

I have a funny way of dealing with things I don't like to do. Let's take public speaking as an example. I get nervous just as many others do, but I do a pretty good job of hiding it. My trick, used in conjunction with over-preparation, is to pretend to be someone who enjoys public speaking. I do the same thing during teleconferences and big meetings at work. My acting gives me confidence and makes me sound suave and intelligent [at least I think so].

It's hard for me to play the "political game". I'm too straight a shooter to muddle in that sort of thing. However, I do understand that this is the environment that businesses, and many other things, deal in and I have to find a way to work with it. In order to stay true to myself and "live by integrity", I'm going to use my "work-Steph" to handle all that nonsense so the "real and cool-Steph" stays real and cool [haha].

2 Comments:

Blogger i said...

you should become a motivational speaker a la tony robbins. it would go like this:

"are you scared of speaking in front of large crowds? then just pretend to be someone that loves it!"

does that really work for you? i gotta give it a try sometime

and i think EVERYONE, to some extent has multiply personalities

9:58 AM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

iphone cases
herve leger
nike air max
nike air max
michael kors
new balance
air max 2017
tommy hilfiger
swarovski
michael kors outlet
2018.1.29xukaimin

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home