Friday, January 21, 2005

I'm proud to be a kid

Today's youth is growing up a lot quicker than their predecessors and it's not by choice. An evil yet brilliant marketer realized that the quicker kids grow up, the sooner they will have spending power. Children and pre-teens are ridiculously conscious about their style and appearance. Some are almost a decade younger than me but are less of a kid than I am.

I recall some butt ugly outfits I wore when I was around their age. In the summer, I'd wear a pair of red shorts with a white t-shirt and brown vest. In the winter, I'd wear a pair of Georgetown Looney Toons fleece pants, a white t-shirt, and a long-sleeve jean shirt. Dorky plastic glasses adorned my face until I was 14 when I finally switched to metal frames. I repeatedly caught balls with my face throughout my high school sports career and didn't wear contacts until university. I had a rat-tail until I was 17. Make-up is still not a part of my regular routine.

It always seems to me that I'm five years behind girls my age when it comes to this stuff. But you know what, I'm still a kid and proud of it. There's no point for me to grow up so soon. Youth is precious. I have another 60 years [hopefully] left to be an adult and I'm in no hurry.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cammie said...

Hahahahahaha!!!

ok, all of that stuff is OK. Except for the fact that you had a RAT TAIL! Why oh whyyy? I always wonder why people keep those....

2:10 PM  
Blogger ehbaba said...

There are a lot of things I would redo if I could turn back time. My rat tail is the least of my regrets haha.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Cammie said...

what is a bigger regret that you would redo?

2:43 PM  
Blogger ehbaba said...

That's a valid [and excellent] follow-up question.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WILL FOREVER BE A TOYS R US KID!!!!

hehe

enge

8:34 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, burberry pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses wholesale, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, nike air max, nike air max, ugg boots, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, nike free, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin, polo outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, nike outlet, chanel handbags, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, jordan pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, nike free run, michael kors pas cher, jordan shoes, longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin shoes, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, air max, gucci handbags, ray ban sunglasses

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home