Thursday, December 02, 2004

I lub ego boosters

Ego boosters are second only to surprise/unexpected ego boosters. Hey, I'm only human. Anyone who says they don't like hearing sincere praises is lying.

I got a surprise ego boost today, from an adult I respect very much, no less. Apparently, the things I've learned about myself were always there and apparent to her. In fact, she made me feel kinda of silly for not seeing it earlier. It was a great time. We ribbed each other, gossiped, reminisced, and poked fun at other people. We always got along before but I felt as if we became friends today.

It's weird how I get along with adults better than people my own age. Before I continue my poorly segued rambling, this does not apply to all adults. I'm horrible with parents and work supervisors. Actually, it only works with types of people I would normally get along with. Hmmm, I guess I just significantly decreased the sampling population and made it completely biased to complement my bold statement. Righto, moving on...

I feel old. My new-found maturity seems to be the theme for the past month but I can't get past it. It's truly an awesome and progressive discovery. I was thinking about my knight in shining armour and when he will whisk me off my feet. I think that this will either be at a really late stage in my life (boys take a while to mature to men) or it will be someone quite a number of years my senior. I guess it could be a soul that has gone through a bunch of crap that forced him to mature. In any case, they don't seem to be cheery choices. Nothing in life worthwhile comes easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home