Thursday, December 02, 2004

First world nations are full of masochists

We like to torture ourselves. I don't know why. Maybe feeling pain reminds us that we are human. Displaying our hearts on our sleeves may earn us sympathy and attention. Or perhaps we are so lucky in our lives, so sheltered from the horrors of the real world, that we can't help but search for a taste of the "pain" those World Vision people have been going on and on about.

It ranges from picking a particularly painful scab to keeping boxes of old photographs full of painful memories. Whatever it is, STOP IT! There's enough real sadness and pain that you will undoubtedly encounter later on in life that you should enjoy what little stress free times you have.

This may not be the most eloquent, appropriate, or wisest fable, but I'd like to share it with you anyway. Two physical pains that I find horrible are canker-sores and stomach aches. I'd rather have a foot cramp or burning achilles tendons. So when I'm sitting in the bathroom suffering from a bad stomach ache, it makes me sad that I don't appreciate my pain-free days. Same goes for times when I have canker-sores. But what really gets me are days when I'm sitting in the bathroom with both a stomach ache and canker-sores. Then I really miss the times when I was only afflicted with one of the two ailments.

I hope you learned something from that story. I want you to leave the blog with two things in mind. One, sometimes blog-ideas sound great in your head but turn out horrible when you churn them out. Two, blog titles can be misleading.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cammie said...

i hate stomach aches and canker sores too....

You know what I also hate?? having extremely dry chapped lips and zits in the area between your chin and lower lip.....its such a pain, cause you want to moisturize and like, vaseline your lower lip, but below the lip you want to maintain dry, anti-bacterialized, and ungreased.

1:11 PM  
Blogger ehbaba said...

It seems to me that your problem is smearing vaseline on your lips AND your entire chin. I really can't see why you have an issue. If the zit was ON your bottom lip, I can sympathize. If it's on your chin, you just have to practice applying vaseline neatly on your lower lip. Try using a finger instead of sticking your face in the jar. That should help.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cammie, do you apply the entire jar on your jaw??
I don't understand?

Madvillain

11:04 PM  
Blogger Cammie said...

you guys are retarded...haha

No, i do not smear vaseline on my chin....BUT, say when I put chapstick on before I go to bed...it does somewhat spread overnight....

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how?
do you sleep outright?

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

upright

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home