Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Conceited or foolishly hopeful?

I've grown so much this year. Really, I have. I know people think of me as a gibberish-talking, clumsy, joking idiot most of the time, but I've actually matured a lot this year. Life threw me some nasty high fastballs that I couldn't help but chase, but it also threw some big fat hanging sliders right in the middle of the plate for me to eat up. I must say that this started off as the worst, but may turn out to be the best year of my life.

What turned the year around was how mature I've grown. I learned how to appreciate the people around me, but most importantly, I learned how to appreciate myself. This could possibly be the turning point of my life (the early part of it, anyway). I took the time to figure myself out, and one particular person really capped it all off. He doesn't know it, but that's what makes him the most important male in my life at this stage [let's call him by his fictional name, Gus]. I've only known him for a very short period of time, but he understands me better than anyone else [he's also charming and incredibly witty]. This is especially impressive when he understands parts of me that no one else knows exists.

Whether I'm conceited or foolishly hopeful can be debated, but I really do like myself at this stage and I believe that in time, there will be a perfect someone out there who sees me the way Gus and I see me. He will whisk me off my feet and make me the happy for the rest of my life.

I want more than what I had and I know I deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home