Tuesday, October 26, 2004

What's wrong with mediocre?

I've decided somewhat early in my University career that I am perfectly happy to do just enough to "get by". This isn't high school anymore. You actually have to work quite hard to get 80+. What's wrong with high 70's...or...even "above average"? Do I want to work an extra 5 hours a week (or more) to get +5% in my course work? The answer is.....NO.

This is alright for school, but how will this attitude work in real life? I see my team leaders and managers slave over work and spend very little time with their families. Sure they have a fatter paycheque, but is it worth it?

Maybe I'm not settling for mediocrity...maybe I just know how to strike a balance between work and play...maybe I'm just lazy. Yea, that's probably it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home