Saturday, June 27, 2009

Take a look...it's in a book...a reading rainboooooooooow

I rediscovered my love of reading. It was simply a matter of making time, which is surprisingly easy to do when you don't have tv. I also lucked out with some quality books.

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
Still Alice by Lisa Genova
The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway
The 10pm Question by Kate De Goldi (NZ)
The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas (AUS)

I just started The Slap. I was very proud that I was able to find award-winning books by authors of the countries I visited. As a bonus, I bought and read them in their respective countries.

I also read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. I enjoyed it, just not as much as I expected because it wasn't an easy book to read. I don't think I've read a book written in language from that era since high school. I also read Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It's always nice to read a page-turner. They give you a different kind of satisfaction than quality literature.

I can't wait until someone visits me so I can share the books with them. If you visit me and are a reader, no need to bring books for the flight back. I'll hook you up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home