Sunday, May 10, 2009

I envy people who are passionate about their work

Or do I?

I like my job. For something that I have to do 8 hrs a day to make a living, I enjoy it. Do I love it, no? Are there jobs that I would be passionate about? Probably. Am I qualified for them? Probably not.

I've always envied people who are passionate about their work. But I wonder how they feel about other things. I think what I really envy are people who are passionate about their life. Work is a necessary evil. It's exponentially more impressive if you have a crappy job and can still be passionate about life.

I'm using the term "envy" loosely. I'm in a very good place right now where I don't envy anyone. I don't know if I'm in the "passionate about life" category. I think I'm in the "happy and grateful about life" category. I wonder if I'm too lazy to be passionate haha.

3 Comments:

Blogger engerla said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i said..what about people who don't envy their jobs or LIFE? :S i only ask because life sucks when you have to write 20 papers! haha

10:38 PM  
Blogger ehbaba said...

I didn't mean envy your OWN life!!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home